What is Support Coordination?
Support Coordination is a funded support that the NDIS will add to your plan if you are eligible. Not everyone will have Support Coordination as it is a specialised support that is provided where a Local Area Coordinator (LAC) will not be sufficient to assist a participant or primary carer to implement the plan.
A Support Coordinator will provide;
- Assistance to understand your Plan and how to make it work for you
- Linking to the services that your NDIS Plan can purchase
- Understanding how to get the right providers for your needs and how to feel confident when communicating with them
- Help to set up, maintain and monitor your NDIS MyPlace Portal – the online interface between yourself and the NDIS funding you receive
- Support to resolve issues as they arise
- Assistance to prepare for unscheduled and annual reviews with the NDIS
- Education and Learning
- Finding open employment
We also work closely with participants engaged with third party services like
- Child Safety
- Justice Departments
- Adult Guardian and the Public Trustee